1. What are the types of commonly used wires and cables according to their purpose? Answer: According to the purpose, it can be divided into bare wires, insulated wires, heat-resistant wires, shielded wires, power cables, control cables, communication cables, radio frequency cables, etc.
2. What kinds of insulated wires are there? Answer: There are the following types of commonly used insulated wires: PVC insulated wires, PVC insulated cords, nitrile and PVC compound insulated cords, rubber insulated wires, direct buried aluminum core plastic insulated wires for agricultural use, and rubber insulated cotton yarn Textile cords, PVC insulated nylon sheathed wires, PVC insulated cords for power and lighting, etc.
3. What kind of occasion is the cable tray suitable for? Answer: The cable tray is suitable for laying power cables and control cables indoors and outdoors in general industrial and mining enterprises, and can also be used for indoor and outdoor installations in telecommunications, radio and television departments.
4. What are the cable accessories? Answer: Commonly used electrical accessories include cable terminal junction box, cable intermediate junction box, connecting pipe and terminal block, steel plate junction box, cable tray, etc.
5. What is the cable middle connector? Answer: The device that connects the cable and the cable's conductor, insulation shielding layer and protective layer to connect the cable line is called the cable intermediate joint.
Wire and cable application
1. Power system
The wire and cable products used in the power system mainly include overhead bare wires, busbars (bus bars), power cables (plastic cables, oil-paper power cables (basically replaced by plastic power cables), rubber cables, overhead insulated cables), branch cables (Replace part of the bus), electromagnetic wires, and electrical equipment wires and cables for power equipment.
2. Information transmission system
Wires and cables used in information transmission systems mainly include local telephone cables, television cables, electronic cables, radio frequency cables, optical fiber cables, data cables, electromagnetic wires, power communications or other composite cables.
3. Mechanical equipment, instrumentation system
Except for overhead bare wires, almost all other products have applications in this part, but mainly power cables, magnet wires, data cables, instrumentation cables, etc.
Wire and cable products are mainly divided into five categories
1. Bare wires and bare conductor products
The main features of this category of products are: pure conductive metal, no insulation and sheath, such as steel core aluminum stranded wire, copper-aluminum busbar, electric locomotive wire, etc.; the processing technology is mainly pressure processing, such as melting, rolling, drawing The products are mainly used in suburbs, rural areas, user main lines, switch cabinets, etc.
2. Power cable
The main feature of this type of product is: squeeze (wind) the insulation layer outside the conductor, such as overhead insulated cables, or stranded several cores (corresponding to the phase wires, neutral wires and ground wires of the power system), such as overhead insulated cables with more than two cores , Or add a sheath layer, such as plastic/rubber sheathed wire and cable. The main process technologies include drawing, stranding, insulation extrusion (wrapping), cable formation, armoring, sheath extrusion, etc. There are certain differences in the different process combinations of various products.
The products are mainly used in the transmission of strong electric energy in power generation, distribution, transmission, transformation, and power supply lines, with large currents (tens of amperes to several thousand amperes) and high voltages (220V***500kV and above).
3. Wires and cables for electrical equipment
The main features of this type of products are: a wide range of varieties and specifications, a wide range of applications, and the use of more voltages of 1kV and below. In the face of special occasions, new products are continuously derived, such as fire-resistant cables, flame-retardant cables, low-smoke and halogen-free/low Smoke and low halogen cables, termite-proof, mouse-proof cables, oil/cold/temperature/wear-resistant cables, medical/agricultural/mining cables, thin-walled cables, etc.
4. Communication cables and optical fibers (a brief introduction)
With the rapid development of the communications industry in the past two decades, products have also developed at an astonishing speed. From the simple telephone and telegraph cables in the past, it has developed to thousands of pairs of voice cables, coaxial cables, optical cables, data cables, and even combined communication cables.
The structure size of this kind of products is usually small and uniform, and the manufacturing precision is high.
5. Magnet wire (winding wire)
Mainly used in various motors, instruments, etc.
Derivatives/New Products of Wire and Cable
Derivatives/new products of wire and cable are mainly due to different application occasions, different application requirements, convenience of equipment and requirements for reducing equipment costs, etc., and the use of new materials, special materials, or changing product structures, or improving process requirements, or different Varieties of products are combined.
Use different materials such as flame-retardant cables, low-smoke zero-halogen/low-smoke low-halogen cables, anti-termite, anti-mouse cables, oil/cold/temperature resistant cables, etc.;
Change the product structure such as: fire-resistant cable, etc.;
Improve process requirements such as: medical cables, etc.;
Combination products such as OPGW, etc.;
It is convenient to install and reduce equipment costs, such as prefabricated branch cables.